Saturday, November 21, 2015

Maintenance, barns, bedding and bugs

The cleaning of out buildings and barn was finished right before the storm rolled in. I was even able to fill with 20 bales of straw over dusting of lime. It took most of this week on and off. I'm always so happy when this is done and my girls really love fresh bedding. It helps to control parasites, which can be tough to deal with.
The parasites are treated on an as needed basis not on a regular cycle. This process takes interaction with animals to a daily task. I use the Famancha method. Basically the paler pink the lower eye lid is the more likely the animal is anemic. The chart of color gradation can match to type of action is needed. I am always with my goats and this is a easy quick check. 







No comments:

Post a Comment