Monday, November 9, 2015

The week begins!

This is the week I am to hear if in fact there is funding available for my cheese facility. I should have, for "Gouda" or bad, the final news this coming Thursday. This is an actual loan from Harrison County Economic development. I am staying busy working on a grant that has a deadline of December 3, this will help fund renovation for a small building with cellar, to serve as a cheese aging room. This particular grant is funded by Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education. Also keeping up with a Gofundme page on a irregular basis, as not to drive friends nuts. (listed btw "Milk Maid in Need").  to this add a few Twitter, FB and Instagram pictures and comments for marketing, "don't forget me, what ever you do don't forget me".
Why is all this necessary?, why bother?
The problem with being able to transition from hobby farm to a small commercial cheese facility is you can not sell cheese without inspect-able equipment and buildings. The catch-22 is you can not develop a market if you cant sell the product. I am hoping to financially puzzle piece together this venure...for Gouda or bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment